One sassy lady is on the quest to enlighten the brains of numerous Americans across the country.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How on Earth have I not talked about this ad?

I am pretty certain that this advertisment is the worst thing on TV right now (worse than Moniques Charm School). I'm talking that STUPID ad for Burger King. I'm already mad and I haven't even gotten started. Watch:



I HATE THIS AD. I realize that there is a hooplah over this POS for being "erotic" for kids to see according to Reverend Wildmon. I agree with Advertising Age saying that this ad is actually not erotic or threatening for children to see but rather silly. But I for sure disagree with them saying that this ad is "very, very funny". Good lord, did they really just publish that? How many times do we have to see the pretty wife scoff at her fatter, less attractive idiot husband? BORESVILLE. Newsflash, some woman are actually silly and aren't totally mortified by acts of dumb behavior shown in this commercial. If my husband popped out of the bath saying he was Spongebob Nopants I'd raise him with an "ohh yeah? (grab sponge from kitchen sink and place on head) Well I'm Spongebob Barfpants" and proceed to projectile vomit on myself. See! Women can be silly!! What I'm trying to say is that not only is the script for this commercial stupid and doesn't correlate with the product they are trying to sell (naked man with sponge on head does not equal SpongeBob SquarePants meal at BK) but they are playing with old stereotypes and it is totally boring. I'd seriously like to see the woman being a goofball and her husband showing emotions that indicate he is questioning his life choices for once. Sheesh.

No comments: