One sassy lady is on the quest to enlighten the brains of numerous Americans across the country.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chili's Seeking New Agency

Interesting. Chili's restaurants announced recently that they are leaving their good friends at GSD&M according to Advertising Age and Chili's PR releases. You can read the full report here. You can also read a bit different look from the Advertising Age perspective here.

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad (not really, I just love that song) that Chili's is kicking the agency that brought them tons o' success. I work at a different restaurant and when mentioning ribs almost everytime someone is tempted to sing that outrageous baby back ribs jingle. It seems kind of weird that they'd want to get rid of them since it seems like they have done nothing but good for the company. Chili's recent stuff isn't that bad either, granted it's not great either. Here is an example of one of their recent ads:



It's nothing that makes me scream I NEED CHILI'S (I hope I never get to that point in my life) but it doesn't make my blood boil either. They are known for their extensive list of burgers and ribs so they get their point across that they have over thirty items to add to their burgers and they are totally customizable and they've tried to make it look all neat and modern by using black and white and red (their color) and colored food. Sort of seems a little Ruby Tuesday to me though. Weird that the Advertising Age article quoted Krista Gibson, senior VP brand strategy saying, "For years the chain, founded on burgers, tacos and chili, didn't promote its namesake product other than on its menu."

Isn't that commerical promoting their signature burgers? I wonder what the real reason they are splitting from them is. Either way, I hope we see some great new ads from Chili's (I won't hold my breath).

No comments: